Volunteer With RSVP
The most frequent answers given when people are asked why they've never volunteered is "no one ever asked me". Well, we're asking right now!
RSVP is issuing an "invitation to Serve" to people who would love to make a difference through the meaningful use of their skills, talents, interests and knowledge in volunteer service to their communities. RSVP involves individuals in volunteer experiences that match their personal interests and makes use of their varied life and professional expertise. RSVP programs enable people to contribute to their communities and feel good about themselves through the rewarding experience of volunteering where huge impacts for good are realized.
The Impact and Benefits of Serving
- Senior Corps programs benefit the community, the organization, and the volunteer. Think of what you have contributed when you give your time to help your community or assist in elder needs.
- Help your community: Know that you are giving your time, talent, wisdom, and experience to your community and neighbors who need you.
- Help yourself: Through service, you can add to the quality and health of your own life. Research indicates that volunteers enjoy better health, make new friendships, stay active and involved in the community, and learn new skills.
- Make a difference: Be part of a national movement to transform America through the involvement of its citizens.
- Save money for the organizations you serve: By donating your time and skills, you help make funds go farther for organizations that address critical needs in your community.
- Help our most vulnerable citizens¦our seniors, to age gracefully and remain independent and in their own homes where they are happiest and healthiest.
- Together we can build a better life, and a better community, for ourselves and our neighbors. Through your gifts of time and talent, you can share something very special¦yourself, the greatest gift of all.
PLEASE FILL OUT AND SEND THE SHORT FORM BELOW AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS!
Or call Volunteer Coordinator August Kvam: 775-687-4680, Ext. 6. Thank you!